February 15, 2008

Potty Training Trisha

I have always worried about how to Potty Train Trisha. I would want to get rid of her diapers as early as possible. Partly to save on the cost of diapers (that's my practical side) but big part of it is because she's a girl and no diapers is a prettier sight (that's the kikay side of Mommy).

So last Christmas, when we were thinking about what present to get her. I thought about a Potty Trainer! I know I know, that's so corny of me and Daddy MS. But we got too many toys and too many clothes from her Birthday Party in October 2007 and we were expecting more toys and more clothes for Christmas presents. So we wanted to give her something that nobody will think of getting her as a Christmas present.

But wait till you see her Potty! It's no ordinary Potty, it sings to encourage her for potty training and it gives out stickers when it senses her *poop* dropping to the bowl. There is even a flushing water sound when you hit the flush :).




It's a nice product from Safety 1st. It resembles a real toilet bowl so closely that Trisha can associate her Potty with the real toilet bowl. It would be easier to shift her to the real one when the time comes.

As of today, she only used it once to make pupu. But she would usually sit on it and say "wiwi" but with her diaper on. Or when I know she's about to make pupu, I would make her sit on it while doing her thing even with her diaper on. I just want her to be able to identify doing the "wiwi" from doing the "pupu". And train her to tell us when she would do either of that. When she is able to tell us already, then we would be ready to remove her diaper whenever she needs to do either.



No comments: