January 22, 2009

My First No Rice Lunch Day

I have always wanted to cut my rice intake. Easier said than done! I was successful in cutting my rice for each meal to half-cup since around December. Well, I cheated on some days - especially when we have inihaw na Bangus and taba ng Talangka. Hm, and during my almost 2 weeks Christmas holiday in Baguio - I did not measure my rice at all! And that's it, I did not progress from there. Until today :).

During lunch, one of my BFFs, who's an expert in this No Rice Diet, convinced me to skip my rice and just have the Hubad na Lumpia, a portion of inihaw ng Bangus, banana for dessert and just plain water instead of my usual Pulpy Minute Maid drink. I was worried I would faint of hunger. But, yey! I survived the afternoon without my usual afternoon snack. I had another banana instead before heading home. But while waiting for dinner, I cheated... with 1 Krispy Kreme donut & 1 glass of iced tea. I was sooo hungry. But still! I didn't have rice for lunch! Haha.

I would really love to eat healthier this year. I think sticking with this friend will help me :). She has so much self control with her food intake & regular exercise! I did ask her to drag me to the gym either lunch time or in the afternoon - half an hour in the treadmill will surely help me lose that weight I have been trying to get rid off for more than 2 years now. And I hope we could be lunchmates until I get used to the no rice diet.

Good luck to me! And may Jok have the patience to help me :). Love yah friend!

No comments: