October 23, 2007

the saddest news

I was hoping to write something happy tonight. I was thinking of writing about my daughter's up-coming birthday party. But as I began writing, my husband called me to read an email from our very good friend, Carlo, who lost his wife in the Glorietta 2 blast last Friday. And I just had to blog about it.

The devastating news reached us Friday night, just before midnight. My husband received a text message from Carlo and after calling Carlo to find out how Leslie was, it was confirmed that we have lost our good friend in the G2 blast.

I have known both Les and Carlo for over 7 years now. I have not seen much of them the past few years. The last time I saw her was during her wedding day. I still remember us being late for the wedding, but just in time to catch her at the church door before walking down the aisle. I still remember her saying "mahihimatay ako sa nerbyos" or something along that line before the church doors opened and she starts walking over to Carlo.

It pains me to know that she is at the peak of her life when it was taken away from her. She has been married for only about 4 years to Carlo and she has Amber who's only turning two. It makes me cry knowing how difficult raising a child is, more so a daughter, who would grow up without a mother. I can only pray for her and her family - that she finds her path back to our Creator, that Carlo finds strength to go through this painful experience, especially for their daughter, that Les' family recovers from this devastating experience...

It is at these times that people tend to question their existence. But one fact remains, everything happens for a purpose. Only God knows what good will come out of such painful experience. Let us not lose faith. Let's keep on believing. Let's keep on praying.

No comments: