October 18, 2007

priorities in life

prioritizing is really tough. big part of my decision making is based on my personal priorities. especially now that i am a mother, all my decisions affect my daughter's future. i have great plans for my family. i have set such a high personal goal for myself to benefit my young family.

yes, we cannot afford a house now. yes, we have debts to settle because of my unplanned pregnancy. yes, we're still looking for better opportunities to support our plans for our family. yes, we're still adjusting to our family life. but we will get there. we will be able to get our own house, we will be able to finish our car loan and probably get another car for myself, my husband will be able to put up his own business, i will finally be able to settle down to a job that will make me happy. we have a long way to go, but there's no rush, i know we will get there.

i thank my mom with all my heart for making me the person that i am now. i appreciate the life that we have been through, because it helped me be who i am now. i would rather live my whole life again and be where i am now rather than exchange it with anything in the whole world. the more i meet people who were not brought up like us, the more i appreciate the kind of family i have and the kind of person i turned out to be because of how we were brought up. i just pray that i will be able to bring up trisha the way my mom brought us up.

part of me is sad, because my father was not patient enough to wait and see what life we could have. but you know, that would have to be another blog. maybe when im finally over the hurt he caused the whole family, i would be able to write something about that aspect of my life. in its own time :).


No comments: