January 14, 2008

Organizing our home

As I was reading through my previous blog entries, I realized that most of the things I wrote were mostly only on personal matters. Nothing really significant nor relevant that would help my readers (if any) on anything.

I want to be able to blog about something that can help my readers learn something new, or something that can help them improve any aspect of their lives.

Like, say for example, I can write something about my husband's obsession to lock&lock containers :) and our ongoing activity of organizing our home.

Eversince we started thinking about organizing our ref, MS has been obsessed with lock&lock containers - different types, different shapes, different sizes. You can now find them inside our ref :). He even got several pasta containers (for spaghetti noodles and for macaroni), a cereal container, and several containers to keep our sugar (one for brown and another for white =D). These containers are really very functional and a big help to our home organizing activity.

On my part, I've started organizing our cabinets. I discarded stuff that we don't use anymore but for some reason are still kept in our cabinets. Trisha's small clothes that I want to keep because they're from Zara or were given as gifts were sent to Baguio since Mom's house has a lot more space to store them in (but all these things are organized in small boxes, all properly labeled).

My next planned activity is to sort our papers at home and to organize them in filo folders for easy access. MS has been forever ranting that our papers are kept all over the place and that is honestly my fault. I have been so busy since we had Trisha that whenever a new document comes in, I just keep them wherever is convenient. So now, I have to start working on that to be able to discard old documents that we don't need.

It really pays to organize everything at home. You know where to find "them" when you need "them". And you don't lose anything at all. :)

No comments: